Monday, July 26, 2010

Both a Prayer and a Plea

Dear Thespis (once again, you seem the best to direct this to),

I really want to work as an actress. I really would appreciate any help you could send my way in getting that dream going soon as possible. This is what I'm meant to do, I know that in every part of me.

I want to work sixteen to eighteen hour days. I want to get up at the asscrack of dawn. I want to exhaust myself entirely and then come back and do it all again the next day. I want to be so emotionally drained that I come home and sob until I've got a headache. I want to sit in a room of friends and bury my face in a pillow every time I'm on-screen. I want to take a curtain call and get so much applause I just want to cry with happiness. I want table-reads that turn into dinners with new friends. I want to work with those people whose work I admire so much right now. I want that moment of panic when I think I'm going to forget my next line, only to already be saying it. I want to be pushed to my limit and realise that I have more I can give. I want to be invited to be a guest at Comic-Con and various other cons I'd love to go to anyway. I want to travel to a hundred places I never knew I could fall in love with. I want to work in Vancouver, Canada when the temperature is in the single digits and I have to run around just to stay warm. I want to be in the desert, pretending it's the middle of winter and sweating into my clothes. I want to be on a gag reel, messing up and laughing along with everyone else.

I want all this and a thousand other little things I can only get with my chosen career. And that's what acting is to me: a career to follow for the rest of my life. I can think of nothing else in the world I want more. Please send a little help my way, oh Mighty Thespis.

Love, Beth

1 comment:

  1. Putting this everywhere so you have the best chance of spotting it. Please either get on AIM if you can or email me when you get up or see this. I need you.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete