Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And I'm Feeling...Good

So after over ten whole days without acting, I finally did an audition tonight (once I found the place and for Pete's sake, Portland! Number your buildings conspiciously!). I did my Harper's monologue from Angels in America and then did a movement exercise with one of the directors. She had us go through it multiple times (we needed all the repetition we could get!) and then perform it twice for her. Then the other director came in and had two of the girls do an improvised scene. We finally we given an element (mine was Water) to give movement to.

I think I did very well with my monologue, used up the frustration of getting there and channeled it into Harper. The movement went okay, although I think I was off-beat a bit. My representation of Water was silly and definitely the first thing that came to my head. The only thing that saddened me was that I didn't get to do the improv. It seemed like a meaty scene and I felt more could have been done with it, but alas...

Still, it felt good to act and to be choreographed again. Revived my love for my job at the minute I needed it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment